Friday, May 11, 2007

One Year

Blogging for Flashlight just turned a corner and is now into its second year. When I started posting last year, after attending the Writer's Conference at Mt. Hermon, I had no idea whether I could do it, if I would enjoy it, or if I could be consistent. But God has shown me that the everyday events in my life may help someone else when I share how He was there in the midst. It has not been an easy year. Moving, Mark's health, and the death of my mother have each had an impact not only on me but all who know and love me. The blog has been a tool to share the strength and courage that God has given me through it all with those I know and those who have clicked in from as far away as Australia, Italy, Singapore, and Argentina, to name a few. He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others. When they are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us. 2 Corinthians 1:4 (NLT). It was daunting to even think of starting a blog but Mark gave me encouragement from the first day and has been my able nagger to keep at it. As a writer that sends out thoughts into the impersonal cyberworld, your comments confirm that someone is actually reading them. Is there a new opportunity in your life that seems impossible or at least a real stretch? Jesus said, "The simple truth is that if you had a mere kernel of faith, a poppy seed, say, you would tell this mountain, 'Move!' and it would move. There is nothing you wouldn't be able to tackle." Matthew 17:20 (The Message) You CAN do it. You have come to a fork in the road of life where you have to make a choice. One way seems easier and less threatening while the other seems to have nothing but rocks and boulders in the path. Trusting God for his direction is the only option on which road to travel. Remember that He has made you for a specific purpose to complete His plan and bring Him glory. Your part is to take that first step – be willing – and He will be right beside you to lead you to new joys and accomplishments and cheer for you along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment