Monday, August 6, 2007

No worries!

The Lord directs our steps, so why try to understand everything along the way? Proverbs 20:24 (NLT)

I have been known to fret on occasion, particularly over uncontrollable things. The result of all this fretting or worry is usually nothing; it doesn't change the outcome and it steals my joy. I like to know the whys of life but I find that God usually works on a need-to-know basis. And most of the time, I don't need to know. This past year has been a tough one. Health issues, moving, death, job loss, aging parents, and pain have dominated the life of our family. However, on occasion God pulls the veil away to show me a glimpse of His plan. Ah-Ha! I get it! I have had a few of those, too, and while it strengthens my trust in Him I cannot expect Him to answer all my questions on my time frame. Yes, I see His hand in my past but I trust Him for my future because He promises to always lead me, to direct my footsteps, and to care for me along the way. No worries!

No comments:

Post a Comment