Saturday, April 19, 2008

You did it!


Every time you cross my mind, I break out in exclamations of thanks to God. Each exclamation is a trigger to prayer. I find myself praying for you with a glad heart. I am so pleased that you have continued on in this with us, believing and proclaiming God's Message, from the day you heard it right up to the present. There has never been the slightest doubt in my mind that the God who started this great work in you would keep at it and bring it to a flourishing finish on the very day Christ Jesus appears. Philippians 1:3-6 (The Message)

You might have thought that I dropped off the face of the earth if you read this blog on a regular basis. Nope. We had friends visit us for several days early in the month and then we jumped into preparations for a trip to California for a week, returning a couple of days ago. My middle granddaughter, Tori, celebrated her sixth birthday and Nana and Papa arrived just in time for the big party. I listened to their chatter and learned all about someone named Hannah Montana and another one called Miley Cyrus (shows my age group!) The girls danced all around the living room to her music and Papa gave Allie, the three-year-old, a twirl around the floor which both thoroughly enjoyed. We observed that our eight year old, Kate, has become quite the horsewoman after watching her lesson. And, it was with great delight that we watched our son-in-law experience his first week of work at his new job. Thank you, Lord! One of the reasons for this trip included a speaking gig to my old MOPS group. I love those girls and have wonderful memories of the six years I spent as their Mentor Mom. Even now, I glance over at a mug given to me that day inscribed by so many of the girls. My heart swells with joy, love, and thanks to see that they continue to follow the Lord, their children are growing up healthy and whole, their marriages are strong, and their friendships are meaningful. I echo the Apostle Paul's confidence in those he had ministered to over the years. I knew you would do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment