Sunday, March 29, 2009

Milestones

So teach us to number our days, that we may present to You a heart of wisdom. Psalm 90:12 (NASB)
My online dictionary defines milestone as, "an action or event marking a significant change or stage in development." Birthdays and anniversaries are the typical examples when someone mentions milestones. But, I am celebrating a different one today–this blog is my 200th post. Encouraged by Mark, I started blogging three years ago. I thought I wanted to write a book but moving to Arizona usurped my time and energy. Another snag was that I am not a writer but a reader and felt inadequate for the job. Yet, I felt that God had some things He wanted me to say. The task seemed daunting but I decided to go for it. Determined and prayerfully, I finished that first post and then realized, with the prodding of my husband, that I had to get right back at it and write the second. After a few months of blogging, discouragement hit. I made the decision to continue whether anyone else ever read it online or not. It was great discipline to learn how to put thoughts together on a subject, more often than not, to remind ME of God's goodness and faithfulness in my life. However, whenever I check my stat meter, hits from all over the world overwhelm me and I realize that I am just a tool in the hand of God. So let’s celebrate knowing that we are all called to number our days. Blogging may not be your thing, but find an avenue that you can use to glorify Him. My prayer is that all of us will be ready with a heart of wisdom when we come face to face with our Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment