Sunday, April 26, 2009

Something New

For I am about to do something new. See, I have already begun! Do you not see it? I will make a pathway through the wilderness. I will create rivers in the dry wasteland. Isaiah 43:19 (NLT)
When the New Year hit, I wondered whether turning over the page of a calendar would make any difference. I was so ready to begin 2009 after a long and difficult 2008. And, once that new calendar was on the wall, I decided that yes, it gives me the opportunity to start over. To have a second chance, a clean slate, a new beginning. Basically, it is narrowed down to one word—hope. There were some days last year when I felt so dry and weary as I struggled in the wilderness of my own dashed hopes and dreams. I wanted to believe that God was working on a way out but I couldn't see it. I learned over the course of those months that my job is to trust and have faith that His plan is moving along at just the right speed. I tend to be quick in my actions so learning to sit back and be patient is challenging. We changed churches in January, one of those new beginnings but not an easy one. I left after that first Sunday service knowing that God was doing a special work in me in this place of worship. Tears of joy and healing often run down my cheeks. I know that God knows my heart's desires and is slowly bringing people and opportunities to my doorstep so that I may serve Him. I am so excited about the possibilities. What's new in your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment