Sunday, May 14, 2006

A Mother's Heart

For all the moms who had breakfast prepared for you today by little people with sticky fingers assisted by helpful dads, take a few minutes and relish the time off. You are doing a great job, Mom. I hope this version of I Corinthians 13 will be an encouragement.

I Corinthians 13 – “Mommy Style”

If I keep my house immaculately clean, and am envied by all
for my interior decorating, but do not show love to
my family – I am just another housewife.

If I am always producing lovely things like sewing, scrapbooking,
if I always look attractive, and speak intelligently but am not
loving to my family – I am nothing.

If I am busy in community affairs, teach Sunday school, and drive in
the carpool, but fail to give adequate love to my family – I gain nothing.

Love changes diapers, cleans up messes and ties shoes –
over and over again.

Love is kind, tough, tired, and frazzled.

Love doesn’t envy another wife – one whose children are “spaced”
better, or in school so she has time to pursue her own interests.

Love doesn’t try to impress others with my abilities
or knowledge as a mother.

Love doesn’t scream at the kids.

Love doesn’t feel cheated because I didn’t get to do what I
wanted to do today – sew, read, soak in a hot tub.

Love doesn’t lose my temper easily

Love doesn’t assume that my children are being naughty
because their noise level is irritating.

Love doesn’t rejoice when other peoples children misbehave
and make mine look good. Love is genuinely happy when
others are honored by their children.

“A Mother’s Heart” – Jean Fleming



No comments:

Post a Comment