Saturday, June 10, 2006

Hiccup

Nothing like a complete change of pace to get a little perspective. Selling the house and planning the move has been so consuming for the last few months that I have missed the time to relax with my granddaughters -- well, relax is probably not the right word. When you are 6 1/2, 4, and 21 months, activity is the watchword. But I love it and decided to sneak in a quick trip to recharge before the big move while Mark finished up some work at home. The bumps continue in the house sale as inspections reveal some problems, not uncommon but still a nuisance. Mark reminded me in an email this morning that the Phillips translation renders 1 Peter 5:7 as: "You can throw the whole weight of your anxieties upon him, for you are his personal concern." I don't have to worry about the dry rot because this is not a surpirse to God. How easy to have my joy and excitement drained by worry, yet God has proven his care of me in the last weeks and I know this is just a hiccup. I would rather enjoy this brief respite being loved and adored by three little girls and trust Him to handle it.

No comments:

Post a Comment