Thursday, August 17, 2006

Come Away

And He said to them, "Come away by yourselves to a secluded place and rest a while." (For there were many people coming and going, and they did not even have time to eat.) Mark 6:31 (NASB)

It has been a crazy busy few weeks – pack, move, unpack, let workers in, let workers out, shop, delivery, shop, drop. I’m ready for a little rest and relaxation with family and friends. The timing of this vacation was planned a year ago and only God could have known how much I would need a break. I am learning to appreciate the beauty and quiet of the desert and mountains outside my windows but I can hardly wait for the familiarity of the Sierras and lakes of California. There is something about the majesty and serenity of that area that always soothes my weary body and soul. Jesus noticed that his disciples needed to get away after a busy season and so do we. Take a few minutes for a breather at Starbucks and enjoy your favorite coffee. Stop in at Borders and wander through the stacks of books. It is good to “come away.” Bags are packed – see you in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment