Wednesday, October 25, 2006

The Land of the Living

I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living, Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Psalm 27: 13-14 (NIV)


I received these verses in an email before I took off for the hospital today and claimed them as His promise for us. I printed them out to share with Mark and read them to him soon after I arrived. I had no idea what comfort they would be for me this day. Around 11 AM the cardiologist walked into his room and told us that the decision had been made to do a heart catheterization since the blood tests continued to show elevated heart enzymes. With his heart history they wanted to take no risks and felt that he may have had a small heart attack along with the embolism in his lungs. The only way to rule it out was an angiogram set for 1 PM. I struggled with this news hardly believing that this was happening to him again. There was barely time to make any calls to get the prayers going up before he was wheeled out. The doctor hoped that the best case would be just taking the pictures to assure that the blood flow was fine but the worst case would be inserting more stents. Again, my pastor/friend John had walked into the room just before the doctor and stayed with me the whole time. And the news is good! The angiogram showed that the heart was clear of any blockage and he was sent back to his room, all done in an hour. I WILL see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living!!! (Taken from an email sent out tonight to family and friends.)

No comments:

Post a Comment