Saturday, October 28, 2006

The Spirit Prays

In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for God's people in accordance with the will of God. And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. Romans 8:26-28 (TNIV)
As my tired body crawled into bed last night, it hit me that my personal time with God had certainly been curtailed this week. Crisis management consumed each day from early until late. Then I remembered the verse that the Holy Spirit would pray for me when I just could not do it. He knew the anguish of my heart and mind and proved it each day with angels of mercy and grace that walked into the hospital room. The Holy Spirit had interceded on my behalf to the Father who gave me more than I could even think to ask for. He is so gracious and kind to those who are hurting. This situation could have been so much worse but now it is so much better. The pain is controlled, the knee is working, the blood clots are diminishing, and we are home. We know we are loved by those near and far as expressions of care and concern flow to us almost hourly. And…we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him. Thank you, Heavenly Father!

No comments:

Post a Comment