Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Who Done It?

I like a good mystery, whether it is a movie, television program or book. I don’t like scary ones but the kind where you solve the “who done it.” Some of my favorite programs were Columbo and Mission Impossible and today, CSI. Yet, when unexplained events occur in my life, rather than enjoying the suspense, I want immediate answers –all the details laid out for me to see. This past week has been one of those where I shake my head and wonder what God is thinking. A series of events has changed lives in ways that I could never have orchestrated and I might have done differently if I had been in charge. However, I was just a bystander acting as coach and cheerleader for loved ones confronted with an opportunity that was going to take them far beyond their wildest imagination. Life changing decisions challenge us to seek information and answers, particularly when our emotions are in turmoil. Family and friends can give opinions and options but only God has promised to give both wisdom and understanding. Sometimes we have to search for direction since we often don’t get letters in our mailbox or email with step by step instructions from God. Instead, we have THE Letter, the Bible, which includes all the help that we need. All we have to do is ask our Father, pay attention and listen to His leading. I still have a few questions that I intend to ask God someday about all this but I trust Him that His plans are the best for all of us and He will give us peace.
yes, if you call out for insight
and raise your voice for understanding,
if you seek it like silver
and search for it as for hidden treasures,
then you will understand the fear of the LORD
and find the knowledge of God.
For the LORD gives wisdom;
from his mouth come knowledge and understanding;
Proverbs 2:3-6 (ESV)


No comments:

Post a Comment