Monday, June 18, 2007

Bits and Bytes

The LORD is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in him. Nahum 1:7 (NLT)

The Internet is an amazing piece of technology. I have tools that let me track the location in the world of people who read my blog recording hits from every continent in the world. Email enables me to communicate with the click of a button to one person or a whole list. I now connect with loved ones on a more regular basis or make contact with people that I have never met. Just last week, God brought a gift of Himself through a woman that does not know me but contacted me regarding a conference we will both be attending later this week. I asked her to pray that my husband's health would stabilize so that I could leave without worry. She replied with a word from Scripture that she had read that morning: Surely he will never be shaken; a righteous man will be remembered forever. He will have no fear of bad news; his heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord. His heart is secure, he will have no fear. Psalm 112:6-8. Another good friend also sent me her support and prayers during this difficult week and included verses from Psalm 41. I have found that when we are in distress, God is faithful to be there for us and often with a touch from another person. I call it, "God with skin on." I am so thankful that He gave me hope with the emails from these dear women. But the best thing is that not only is He there when we are stressed but also when we rejoice. He is our biggest cheerleader. When we obey, He blesses us. And when we sin, He forgives us when we ask Him. I know that whatever circumstance I find myself in, the Creator of the universe will be there and provide just what I need…and sometimes it is with bits and bytes.

No comments:

Post a Comment