Sunday, November 18, 2007

Amazing Freedom

So if the Son sets you free, you are truly free. John 8:36 (NLT)

I am on sensory and spiritual overload having returned last night from an Amazing Freedom, Women of Faith Conference. We were all ages, stages, sizes, and shapes sharing together in laughter and tears. And to top it off, I had the privilege of listening and watching Beth Moore – live – at the pre-conference. Now that is one highly caffeinated woman! In explaining her use of toilet paper as a filter for her coffee pot in her hotel room, she said, "I drink coffee in the morning to calm down!" Amen!!! (Don't ask me why she couldn't use a regular filter.) This was a first for me so if you have never attended one of these conferences, be sure and check it out for next year. I laughed until my sides ached listening to Anita Renfrow while at other times, tears rolled down my cheeks as I listened to the stories of pain and triumph shared by several of the speakers. I ended up using a lot of Kleenex. God was in that place along with 11,000 women and we all left rejoicing that our Heavenly Father has given us amazing freedom to know Him, to walk in the way He leads, and to be one of the many daughters of His Kingdom. I wondered why we did not have paper to take notes but I quickly discovered why. It was all I could do to just take it in. A whole new run begins next February with the theme of Infinite Grace. Be sure and put it on your To-do list and take a girlfriend…or a whole bunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment