Thursday, November 1, 2007

Get the Book

Study this Book of Instruction continually. Meditate on it day and night so you will be sure to obey everything written in it. Only then will you prosper and succeed in all you do. Joshua 1:8 (NLT)

I'm a MAC person and yesterday, Mark installed the new operating system, Leopard, on my computer. He is definitely the geek in the family but I am fairly competent with the computer and usually can manage fairly well. Yet, this was a big change and now I have several applications that don't work because they have not been upgraded for compatibility. Big pain! So I have to either work around them or wait for the updates. I am so thankful that God's gift of salvation comes with all the applications ready to go. And with the "install," I have the Holy Spirit to guide me, pray for me when I can't, explain to me verses that before seemed incomprehensible, and give me special gifts that will enable me to shine the light of Jesus to those around me. Even when I get in the way of what He is trying to do, God does not find a work-around. Instead, He works with me to gently prod me along His path, sets me straight if I need a course correction, and always picks me up when I stumble and fall. But the reminder for today is: just as I still need to read the manual to learn how these new programs now work, I must also study God's Word for my daily instructions. Our verse challenges us to meditate on it day and night so that we "get it." We've all struggled to figure out a problem and finally, when all else fails, pulled the manual out. Let's change our habits and do it first. He is right there with the answer and promises success. Go get the Book!

No comments:

Post a Comment