Thursday, February 7, 2008

Right Hand vs. Left Hand


And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:19 (NIV)

After a month with a wounded wing, the doctor pronounced that I am in the top 10% for healing of folks that have had this type of surgery. He worries that since I am doing so well, I will use it more than I should. OK, so I still have to be good for another couple of weeks, but what a relief to have the elastic brace off. At least the timing for all of this was in the coldest part of the year. Being in the desert, it could have been hot along with uncomfortable. But, I learned a few things this past month: I really depend on my right hand. However, you CAN teach an old dog a few new tricks. I like brushing my teeth with my left hand—I am more thorough. I figured out how to start the car with the key in the opposite hand. The computer keyboard can all be done with the left hand...now, the mouse is another story. Yet, I hate being dependent on someone to open anything; jars, zip-lock bags, and water bottles, to name a few. And finally, the anticipation was worse than the reality. How often do we do that? We worry and fret over the unknown while if we would just trust in the Master Planner, our anxieties would turn into anticipation. There is nothing our Heavenly Father would rather do than to meet our needs. Thank you, Lord, for Your good care.

No comments:

Post a Comment