Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Behind the Scenes


For the Kingdom of God is not just a lot of talk; it is living by God’s power. 1 Corinthians 4:20 (NLT)


Images of candidates crisscrossing this nation and the world filled the television screen last week. I am thankful to be an American citizen with all of its rights and privileges, but some thoughts in a recent sermon reminded me that I am also a citizen in the Kingdom of God. Dual citizenship occurred when I accepted Christ as my Lord and Savior. Jesus wanted his disciples to understand their earthly responsibilities to the Kingdom of heaven. Rather than writing up a book of rules, He told stories using simple everyday situations and items to make His point. He suggested that the best way to get results is to work behind the scenes, quietly making changes. His example in Matthew 13:33 illustrates the point; The kingdom of heaven is like yeast that a woman took and mixed into a large amount of flour until it worked all through the dough. As a baker, I know that though you can't see the yeast mixed in with everything else, the results of its addition are unmistakable. I want to make a difference as a Kingdom citizen but it is reassuring to know that I don't have to be the center of attention. My contribution may be minor and seem unremarkable but the miracle comes from God's multiplication factor. He is the one who makes the difference, I am just one of the ingredients. Today is Chicks Flick day with some of my neighbors. My prayer is that a word, a response, or even an action will be done for the Kingdom. Let me know how it goes in your little world.


No comments:

Post a Comment