Saturday, July 12, 2008

Ebullient


I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. 2 Timothy 4:7 (NIV)


ebullient \ih-BUL-yuhnt\, adjective: overflowing with fervor, enthusiasm, or excitement; high-spirited. This is my word to answer the question posed on Fox News to describe the late Tony Snow. I spent many years in the political arena but never had the pleasure to meet Tony. Watching the various programs, I notice the tears near the surface of each person as they share about the quality and integrity of their friend, Tony. I found that I needed to wipe my own eyes because I mourn, too, as one who has lost a good friend. I ache for his wife and children because the final leg of this inevitable journey is complete and I am sure they are heartbroken. However, we don't grieve as those who have no hope. No, we know that Tony is home with his Heavenly Father, with that great smile on his face, probably shaking hands all around, jammin' on his flute. Our loss is heaven's gain.


No comments:

Post a Comment