Tuesday, May 20, 2008

I Love Birthdays

In his kindness God called you to share in his eternal glory by means of Christ Jesus. So after you have suffered a little while, he will restore, support, and strengthen you, and he will place you on a firm foundation.1 Peter 5:10 (New Living Translation)

I love birthdays…especially mine. We decided to have a few of our neighbors over to celebrate my day. The last few months have not been the easiest so a party sounded like fun. So many of my friends have supported me with love and prayers and I wanted to honor them as we marked this past year. The house sparkled, the fountains sent a welcoming sound in the courtyard and back yard, and the kitchen was set with my favorite dishes to share. But, the problems of the past months reared their ugly head once again. It was the last thing I wanted on my day. I silently fumed and had my own private pity party. Yet, I knew that an uncontrollable force was a work and I could do nothing to change it. I could only change me. I found a quiet place and poured out my frustrations to my Heavenly Father and He gave me back my joy. The party was a success and everyone had a wonderful time. I love birthdays!

No comments:

Post a Comment