Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Special Gift

Friends love through all kinds of weather, and families stick together in all kinds of trouble. Proverbs 17:17 (The Message)

I love it when friends come to visit. We said goodbye yesterday after four days of great fun with some good friends from California. When you share your home, meals, and everyday life with others, a bond develops from those shared experiences that lasts a lifetime. I know that I can call when times are good or times are hard. They love me even when my hair is a mess, no make-up, and dressed in sweats or all dressed up in my finest. Friendship is a true blessing from God that shows us in living color the kind of relationship we can have with Him. He is always available—in good times or bad. He loves to listen to us talk with Him and wants us to listen in return. He doesn't care whether we have it all together or are a mess. He likes nothing better than a good meal served up for us from His Word. And, the best part is He will never leave us or forget about us. He just loves us. I encourage you to thank God for those folks that you call "friends." They are a special gift from your Heavenly Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment