Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Make My Day


I was having a bad day last week…a really bad day. As I drove down the road, I whined to God about all that was going on. A verse learned long ago began to echo in my mind: This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24 (KJV) I must rejoice today? That was the last thing I wanted to do as the list of complaints began to roll. But I realized He didn't give me this command for just those days when I am happy and all is going well in my world. He wants me to rejoice no matter what my circumstances are because He is the one in control. He made the day and it is my responsibility to trust him for the outcome. I know that when I release my worries and turn to him, His promise is good. "Ok, Lord," I said as the tears began to flow, "I will rejoice." Good, bad, or indifferent, my day was His and He had my back. What a way to make my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment